On the A side with ‘Joy’, Bruise head in a jubilant direction. Chanting vocal chops ride along deep cut kick grooves and vivid piano riffs; modernising the classic house sound and forming a track that would as likely go off in a club in the UK as it would on the sun-soaked beaches of Ibiza.
In ‘The Theme’, Bruise switches things up and offers up a weighty, bass-driven progressive techno heater; bolstered with rattling break chops and polyrhythmic analogue synth arpeggios. As the track progresses, rip-roaring, squelching acid-lines are introduced at the crescendo; creating a versatile club record; primed and ready for the clubs reopening.
On this single ‘When Pianos Attack’, the vibe is instantly recognisable. Piano chords lead the charge of yet another dancefloor destroyer, with that signature sound of swinging beats, layered pianos, lashings of strings, and hosts of heavenly soulful choirs. Just close your eyes, look up, feel the rush, and dance.
+ Includes the unreleased vinyl exclusive ‘Akiba Choirs’. A new school dance anthem!
Huge support from: Annie Mac, Pete Tong, Laurent Garnier, Severino / Horse Meat Disco, Sasha, A Trak, Andhim, Spiller, Graeme Park, DJ EZ, John Digweed, Fatboy Slim, Sam Devine, Laurence Guy, Gilles Peterson, Fred Everything, Soul Clap, James Lavel, Basement Jaxx, Francois K, Luke Solomun.
– Pete Tong’s Essential New Tune + Tong asked Bruise to record a Joy themed Essential Mix for BBC Radio 1.
– Premiered by leading dance authority Mixmag.
– Featured in Defected / Faith’s behind the counter.
‘When Pianos Attack’
– Played by Blessed Madonna as an artist to watch 2022!
– Played at Warehouse Project by Graeme Park, and then again by Terry Farley.
– Magnetic Magazines Best of Month
Bruise appeared in Faith Magazines taking a full page for interview with a heavy focus on When Pianos Attack.